Monday, February 3, 2014

My Shelf Fell Down

Now that I've told my kids...

The shelf for the uninitiated refers to the one that gets put up and you place all your doubts about the church onto it. You don't examine what's on the shelf. You take things down and put things up and leave it there.

Until you do go and examine things, and that's when it happened.

My shelf fell down. What I was left with was a pile of stuff and wood for the cross.

So now I have to look at each thing and pick out what I want to keep and what gets thrown away and make room for new things.

I no longer believe that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one true church.

I do believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He is the Savior. I do believe in Heavenly Father and in Heavenly Mother.

I don't know about the First Vision anymore or the Book of Mormon. I would like to think the Book of Mormon is true. I can't explain it one way or another.

Knowing what I know now about church history, I can't accept Joseph Smith as a good man, which makes me wonder how he can be a prophet. It isn't that I expect perfection in a prophet, but I do expect goodness.

I have been accused of having an anti-Mormon blog. I disagree with that. This is my faith journey, but if people wish to view it that way, they can.

Yes, I will continue to talk about Mormony things. I am still a Mormon. I've been one for longer than I've been a mother. It is a part of me and probably always will be. I hope that I won't always be negative or perceived as negative.

Coming out of my closet, hasn't been easy. Hopefully it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment